about us

But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD-Joshua 24:15

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

God Speaks Chinese


"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of ALL COMFORT, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.  For as we share abundantly in Christ's sufferings, so through Christ we share abundantly in comfort too. "                   2 Corinthians 1:3-5

As I read this scripture verse I love that God shows me not just that He is the Comforter of all affliction, but He comforts ALL.  I have been praying that God would be there for Lily.  That she would feel His presence and that He would fill her small and tender heart with a peace that only He can provide.  I prayed that He would be the 'Father to the fatherless' as He says in His word. (Psalm 68:5).  However, sometimes my mind would shift and I would begin to think...How Lord?  How will You be there for her when she has not heard your name?  She does not know you, Lord.  Then God gently reminded me that there was a time that I did not know God.  However, He spoke to my heart.  He drew me near to Him before I had ever heard the gospel.  Before I had ever opened His God-breathed Word, God spoke to me.  In my own language.  He began to whisper His truths to me.  He was there for me in the hard times.  He comforted me when I felt alone and when I was hurting. As the angel told Mary in Luke 1:37, "nothing is impossible for God."  There is no language barrier for Him...for God speaks Chinese.

"Sing to God, sing praises to his name; lift up song to him who rides through the deserts; his name is the LORD; exult before him!  Father of the fatherless and protector of widows is God in his holy habitation."
Psalm 68:5

No comments:

Post a Comment