about us

But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD-Joshua 24:15

Saturday, March 10, 2012

How much more does our Father love us?

I am not one who loves to travel or has aspirations to see the world. I don't have a desire to try a lot of different foods. I don't like going from comfortable to the uncomfortable. I cling to comforts. I am the type that orders the same thing off the menu, often too afraid I will be dissapointed if I go out on a limb. What am I doing here in China? Nothing against China, it just isn't home. Home is where I can find comfort and familiarity. I am so reminded that although not a perfect comparison or parallel, I am here for love. I loved this little girl, Lily, before I had even met her. I didn't come to bring a little girl into our family that was perfect in every way. I knew it wouldn't be all bliss. There would be difficult moments, times of sorrow, nights without much sleep, and unfamiliarity. God planted a seed in my heart a long time ago, knowing one day he would unite me with this sweet little orphan and I would have to leave my comforts to go and get her. Oh what the Father has done for us. He sent his perfect and Holy Son down from his magnificent throne to come to a fallen world to be among us sinners to save us and bring us to our forever home. He loved us that much. A deeper more passionate love than we can even fathom. I am humbled every day by that awesome fact. What an indescribable joy it is to be uncomfortable in this foreign land, knowing that God has entrusted me to raise one of His precious children. To teach her about the ultimate sacrifice He made for her by sending His Son and to teach her that we are all adopted into God's family...with that all being said...We are ready to come home...I'm missing some of my comforts...just sayin'

"In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins." 1 John 4:10

No comments:

Post a Comment